How to peform a door handing for my Smartcode touchscreen?
Perform the automatic door handing process
1. Remove the interior cover and battery pack
2. Make sure the door is open, and insert the battery pack.
3. After a few seconds, the latch bolt will retract and extend on its own to learn the orientation of the door. This is called the door handing process, and it is crucial to lock operation. Once the door handing process is complete, the touchscreen will indicate success or failure: Success: flashing checkmark symbol and single column of digits. Failure: flashing “X” pattern
4. If the touchscreen indicates a failure, attempt this procedure again. If the door handing process is still unsuccessful after a second attempt, consult the Programming and Troubleshooting Guide on the SmartCode 915.
Perform the manual door handing process
If needed, the door handing process can be initiated manually. This is useful if the lock is being moved to a different door
1. Remove battery pack.
2. Press and HOLD the Program button while reinserting the battery pack. Release button once battery pack is installed. The status LED will flash red and green.
3. Press the Program button once more.
4. The latch bolt will extend and retract to learn the orientation of the door. Success: flashing checkmark symbol and single column of digits. Failure: flashing “X” pattern