Kevo™ Touch-to-Open Smart Lock is the second-generation Bluetooth-enabled smart lock from Kwikset®, manufacturer of smart lock products that are made for the world you live in. Kevo 2nd Gen provides the same trusted touch-to-open smart lock experience available in Kevo 1st Gen teamed with a refined user experience, sleeker design and added security features.
NEW KEVO FEATURES
Refined User Experience:
Homeowners can begin using Kevo 2nd Gen within minutes of unboxing the smart lock. The lock offers homeowners the industry’s first in-app and interactive installation experience and eliminates user-initiated calibration.
Kevo 2nd Gen boasts a sleek, all-metal interior with a dramatically reduced interior size, making the smart lock more durable and stylish than its first generation predecessor.
Advanced SmartKey® Security:
Kevo 2nd Gen features the latest version of the Kwikset patented SmartKey security. The advanced SmartKey security provides strong resistance against forced entry techniques, passes the most stringent lock-picking standards (UL 437, par 11.6. & 11.7), and utilizes BumpGuard™ to prevent lock bumping. SmartKey also allows homeowners to reset their security by re-keying their locks quickly and easily; rendering lost, loaned or unreturned keys useless. Kevo 2nd Gen will be the first Kwikset smart lock available for purchase with the latest SmartKey security.
Kevo 2nd Gen is engineered to integrate with a wide range of smart home products to ensure homeowners can easily configure a smarter home.
TRUSED KEVO EXPERIENCE
- Nest Learning Thermostat: Trigger home temperature adjustments and energy savings with Nest Learning Thermostat by locking or unlocking Kevo
- Ring Video Doorbell: Sync the two industry-leading devices, Ring and Kevo, to secure and control your entire entryway
- Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Wi-Fi Thermostats: Seamlessly connect Kevo to compatible Honeywell thermostats to enable greater energy saving potential with each lock or unlock of Kevo
- Android Wear: Lock or unlock Kevo directly from an untethered Android Wear device, like Moto360 smart watch, for on-the-go convenience
Kevo 2nd Gen uses patented Touch-to-Open technology developed by UniKey Technologies. Touch-to-Open technology allows users to lock or unlock the door with the touch of a finger when an authorized device is within Bluetooth range. This patented technology adds a level of convenience to Kevo 2nd Gen that is unmatched by other smart locks by eliminating the need to fumble for keys.
Kevo 2nd Gen features a more powerful processor and improved technology that provides users with an improved experience all while guaranteeing simplicity of use and user security.
Positioning (Inside / Outside) Technology:
Inside / Outside Technology, patent-pending intelligent positioning technology in Kevo 2nd Gen, detects whether an authorized user is inside or outside of the home before granting access to help prevent unauthorized entry.
Easy Home Management through eKeys:
Easily manage home access for family, friends and guests using the eKeys in the Kevo app developed by UniKey Technologies.
InHome Locking and Unlocking:
- Anytime eKey holders have unlimited locking and unlocking capabilities
- Unlimited Guest eKeys allow Kevo users to send free, unrestricted access with a guest for a 24 hour period
- Scheduled eKeys allow Kevo users to set repeating date and time constraints for the eKey prior to sharing with the guest, perfect for babysitters or dog walkers
Kevo 2nd Gen users can lock and unlock Kevo with their smart device or wearable if they are within Bluetooth range of the lock.
Kevo Accessories and Upgrades:
Kwikset continues to evolve the Kevo platform and offers consumers accessories and upgrades to the smart lock so the platform meets various consumer needs.
Kevo Mobile App:
- Kevo Plus establishes direct, online connectivity to Kevo 2nd Gen, allowing users to lock and unlock Kevo 2nd Gen from their smart device from anywhere in the world if connected to the Internet
- Bluetooth-enabled Key Fob available for purchase that provides the same Touch-to-Open convenience as an authorized smartphone for users who do not have a compatible device
The Kevo app developed by UniKey Technologies is available for free download from compatible smartphone app marketplaces, such as the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. The app is used for installation, initial setup, locking & unlocking, sending, disabling and deleting eKeys; viewing history of lock activity; setting up other configurable features and options of the smart lock; and syncing Kevo 2nd Gen with various smart home products.
Compatible Smart Devices:
Kevo 2nd Gen is compatible with smartphones that support Bluetooth LE 4.0 technology and have an available Kevo mobile app, which includes:
- iPhone 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus
- Fifth generation or higher iPod touch
- Third generation or higher iPad and iPad mini
The Kevo app is also available on the following devices using Android 5.0 or higher:
WHERE TO BUY
- HTC One M9
- Nexus 6
- Nexus 9
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Edge
- Android Wear
Kevo 2nd Gen will be available in 2016 at select retailers.
For additional information about Kevo 2nd, or to access images and request product for review, please visit http://kwiksetpresskit.com