Keyed One Side
Midtown Deadbolt - Keyed One Side - featuring SmartKey
258 MDT 514 SMT
The Locksmith's Choice.
We challenged locksmiths at the Associated Locksmiths of America (ALOA) to a picking and bumping contest pitted against the Kwikset SmartKey 980 Deadbolt.
Re-Key to any KW1 Keyway Key
While re-keying your door lock is not a requirement of lock installation, SmartKey allows you to quickly and easily reset your lock's cylinder to work with any KW1 Keyway key.
- Designer style and superior security with this Kwikset Signature Series™ product
- For use on exterior doors where keyed entry and security is needed
- Featuring SmartKey Security™, which protects against advanced break-in techniques and allows you to re-key your lock yourself in seconds.
- SmartKey Security™ re-key technology is compatible with Kwikset (KW1) keyway or (SC1) keyway options
- Deadbolt operated by key outside and thumb turn inside
- Comes with 2 keys
- Deadbolt Latch has 3 interchangable faceplates - round corner, square corner, and drive-in collar
- Certified Highest Residential Security, Durability and Finish - ANSI/BHMA Grade AAA
- Latch has adjustable backset 2-3/8" to 2-3/4" to fit all standard door preparations
- Includes round deadbolt strike
- 1 in. deadbolt throw
- 1 inch deadbolt throw
- Locking mechanism functions with turn piece on the interior of the lock
- Easily installs in minutes with just a screwdriver
- Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty
Note: Do not use prints from this website to mark distances. Due to individual printers, dimensions on installation instructions may not print at an accurate scale.