First-ever technology makes SmartCode 916 most secure touchscreen lock available
LAS VEGAS (January 4, 2015)
– In a continuous effort to provide innovative security solutions for homeowners, Kwikset®, the leader in residential door hardware, introduces industry-first SecureScreen™ technology to prevent the problem of “smudge” attacks associated with popular touchscreen and touchpad locks. Kwikset is unveiling SecureScreen technology and a new, cutting edge design to its keyless entry lock platform with the SmartCode™ 916 Touchscreen Deadbolt at the International Builders' Show.
With typical touchscreen locks, passcodes can potentially be jeopardized by unwanted guests detecting frequently used numbers and characters from the oily residues left on the touchscreen surface. SmartCode 916 is the only touchscreen deadbolt that prevents this threat by prompting the user to first touch two random numbers in order to display the full screen to enter the access code. Continuous use of the lock masks the correct access code.
“Kwikset is dedicated to finding innovative ways to keep our customers secure and ensure they feel confident in the locks they choose to protect their homes,” said Keith Brandon, director, residential access solutions. “SecureScreen is another innovative solution from Kwikset that is at the forefront of technology trends and gives homeowners the most secure touchscreen lock available.”
The sleek deadbolt is the latest extension to Kwikset’s SmartCode line that provides consumers the convenience of keyless home entry combined with the enhanced aesthetics of a capacitive touchscreen.
Key features new to the SmartCode 916 Touchscreen Deadbolt include:
- Security: Kwikset’s SecureScreen technology makes SmartCode 916 the most secure touchscreen option on the market
- Sleek design: New, polished touchscreen design and white LED display provides crisp, high-definition illumination, while a significantly reduced interior size increases aesthetic appeal
- Convenience: Ability to hold up to 30 access codes allows homeowners to give out different user codes to multiple guests at one time
- Responsiveness: An intuitive user interface features a responsive touchscreen that senses contact quickly for fast code entry and unlocking
- Connectivity: Kwikset’s Home Connect™ technology integration through Z-Wave and Zigbee platforms allows users to pair the lock with other connected products in the home, such as lighting or entertainment systems, and adds the convenience of remote locking and unlocking from a smartphone anywhere in the world
SmartCode 916 Touchscreen Deadbolt with Home Connect Technology will be available for purchase in the professional channel in the first quarter of 2015. Consumers can preview the Z-wave and Zigbee integrated SmartCode 916 at IBS, while standalone options will be available later this year.
For additional information about SmartCode 916 Touchscreen Deadbolt, please visit http://www.kwikset.com/electronics/homeowners/smartcode-916.aspx
For information about Kwikset’s latest products and to access high-resolution images, please visit https://kwiksetpresskit.com
Kwikset, the leader in residential door security, manufactures and markets a complete line of door locks and door hardware. Designed for residential and light commercial applications, Kwikset’s product offering includes doorknobs, deadbolts, handlesets, pocket door hardware and electronic keyless entry locks. Kwikset’s electronic 913 SmartCode Deadbolt and 980 Deadbolt with SmartKey Re-Key Technology earned the esteemed Best Buy rating from Consumers Digest in 2014, representing the innovation and security customers can expect from Kwikset. Headquartered in Orange County, Calif., Kwikset is part of the Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) division of Spectrum Brands. Kwikset products are sold through retailers and distributors throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico. To learn more about Kwikset, visit https://kwiksetpresskit.com
About Hardware and Home Improvement
Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders’ hardware and faucets with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™ and EZSET®. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders’ hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), and #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister). Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia.
About Spectrum Brands
HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB). Spectrum Brands is a global, diversified consumer products company and a leading supplier of consumer batteries, residential locksets, residential builders’ hardware, faucets, shaving and grooming products, personal care products, small household appliances, specialty pet supplies, lawn and garden and home pest control products, and personal insect repellents. Spectrum Brands employs approximately 13,500 employees worldwide and sells to the top 25 global retailers with products in more than one million stores.