LAKE FOREST, Calif. (April 5, 2018) –
Kwikset®, a brand of Spectrum Brands, Inc. – Hardware & Home Improvement Division (HHI), added three new smart lock solutions to Amazon Key Home Kit, including its sleek keyway-less smart lock, Obsidian™(Amazon Key Edition). With these additions, Kwikset now offers five smart lock solutions as part of Amazon Key Home Kit providing homeowners and renters with convenience, security and style at every turn.
Amazon Key Home Kit enables keyless entry and remote door monitoring. Homeowners and renters with the service can use the dedicated Amazon Key App for remote locking and unlocking, viewing motion video clips of a person entering or leaving when the door is locked or unlocked, and sharing home access with temporary, recurring or always access schedules for guests. Amazon Key users who are also Amazon Prime members in 37 cities and surrounding areas across the U.S. can opt-in to in-home delivery, as well.
Amazon Key Editions of Kwikset Obsidian, Kwikset Convert, SmartCode™ 916 Traditional, SmartCode 916 Contemporary and SmartCode 914 are five options that customers can choose from when purchasing an Amazon Key Home Kit, which is available now with the Amazon Cloud Cam.
Why Choose Kwikset?
Kwikset, the number one selling residential door hardware manufacturer in the U.S, offers Amazon Key users unique security features not available in other smart locks like SecureScreen™ technology. SecureScreen is a Kwikset-patented security feature that helps prevent unwanted entry and is only available with touchscreen locks from Kwikset such as Obsidian and SmartCode 916. With SecureScreen, users are promoted to touch two random digits prior to entering the access code to prevent fingerprint and code detection on the touchscreen surface.
Kwikset Smart Locks That Work With The Amazon Key Home Kit
- Obsidian (Amazon Key Edition) is the only keyway-less smart lock designed with style in mind. The lock has a low-profile design and features Kwikset’s patented SecureScreen technology to prevent unwanted entry. Users can program access codes for family members and guests to enter the home with the convenience of keyless entry. The smart lock is BHMA Grade 2 certified and pairs well with contemporary and modern homes.
- Kwikset Convert (Amazon Key Edition) is a smart lock conversion kit that allows homeowners living in an HOA or renters the ability to add smart home convenience to their existing deadbolt. Kwikset Convert replaces the interior part of the lock, and is easy to install, program and use.
- SmartCode 916 Traditional (Amazon Key Edition) is a touchscreen smart lock featuring SecureScreen technology. SmartCode 916 can be programmed with guest and family member access codes for convenient keyless entry. The lock is available in three finishes and a newly launched contemporary style.
- SmartCode 916 Contemporary (Amazon Key Edition) is new contemporary style of Kwikset’s popular SmartCode 916 smart lock. The updated, modern design features best-loved features like secure keyless entry and touchscreen convenience.
- SmartCode 914 (Amazon Key Edition) is a 10-digit touchpad smart lock from Kwikset, featuring a one-touch lock button for added convenience. The lock features a traditional style and is available in three different finishes to fit every home’s decor.
“As a leader in the smart home space, we are excited to team up with Amazon once again to provide Amazon Key users with even more secure and stylish smart lock solutions to choose from when building a smarter home,” says Keith Brandon, Kwikset Vice President of Residential Access Solutions, Spectrum Brands Inc. – Hardware and Home Improvement Division.
To learn more about Amazon Key, please visit www.amazon.com/keykit
. For more information about Kwikset, please visit Kwikset.com
. To access images, media materials and request product for review, please visit KwiksetPressKit.com
Kwikset is the leading residential lock manufacturer, making homeowners feel safe since 1946. Kwikset works hard to understand the world you live in, so that we can do everything we can to protect it. The company’s unwavering commitment to meeting homeowners’ needs has inspired its innovative lock portfolio that includes patented SmartKey Security™ deadbolts, keyless entry combination locks, connected home technology, first-to-market electronic lock, Kevo™, door hardware with Microban® antimicrobial product protection and a wide variety of styles and finishes. Our interior and exterior door products provide customers with the quality, technology, durability and style they want while guaranteeing the highest level of security. Headquartered in Orange County, Calif., Kwikset is part of the Hardware & Home Improvement (HHI) division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB). Kwikset products are sold online and through retailers and distributors throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Australia. Visit us at www.kwikset.com