When purchasing an Amazon Key In-Home Kit, renters and homeowners can choose from one of several smart locks, including two Kwikset smart lock solutions
LLAKE FOREST (October 25, 2017) — Kwikset®, the number one selling residential door hardware brand in the U.S. has teamed up with Amazon to offer renters and homeowners two smart lock solutions to choose from when purchasing an Amazon Key In-Home Kit.
Amazon Key is a new service from Amazon that allows Prime members in 37 cities and surrounding areas across the U.S. to receive in-home delivery and grant secure home access for guests using the Amazon Cloud Cam and a compatible smart lock.
Kwikset SmartCode 914, a touchpad smart lock, and Kwikset Convert, a smart lock conversion kit, are two options that customers can choose from when purchasing an Amazon Key In-Home Kit.
Why Choose Kwikset?
Kwikset offers two distinct smart lock solutions as part of the Amazon Key In-Home Kit, designed to meet the needs of homeowners and renters. Kwikset Convert is a smart lock conversion kit option for renters and homeowners who are unable to or don’t want to replace their door hardware but want to use the Amazon Key service, while SmartCode 914 is a touchpad smart lock that replaces an existing deadbolt.
Once installed, Prime members can use the Amazon Key app to lock or unlock their Kwikset smart lock from anywhere, check the lock status and receive lock notifications. Members can also grant home access to friends, family and others using the Amazon Key app.
- Award-winning, easy-to-use conversion kit that transforms Kwikset and other manufacturers’ deadbolts into smart lock
- Replace only the interior of an existing deadbolt to transform it into a smart lock that connects to a smartphone, while keeping the original key as a backup
- Designed for renters and style-conscious homeowners who want to enjoy the convenience of a smart lock but don’t want to fully replace their current door hardware
- Available in Satin Nickel, Venetian Bronze and Polished Brass finishes
- Durable smart lock equipped with SmartKey Security™, an advanced security feature only found in Kwikset products that protects against the most common break-in methods. SmartKey allows users to re-key their lock in seconds and match one key across all Kwikset locks
- Available in Satin Nickel, Venetian Bronze and Polished Brass finishes to complement any home's décor
“Kwikset offers both smart locks and smart lock conversion kits as part of the Amazon Key In-Home Kit and we’re excited for Prime members to experience the benefits of a Kwikset smart lock solution as part of the new service,” says Keith Brandon, Kwikset Vice President of Residential Access Solutions, Spectrum Brands Inc. – Hardware and Home Improvement Division.
To learn more about Amazon Key, please visit www.amazon.com/key.
For additional information about the new lock feature and to request product for review, please visit http://kwiksetpresskit.com.
Kwikset is the leading residential lock manufacturer, making homeowners feel safe since 1946. Kwikset works hard to understand the world you live in, so that we can do everything we can to protect it. The company’s unwavering commitment to meeting homeowners’ needs has inspired its innovative lock portfolio that includes patented SmartKey deadbolts, keyless entry combination locks, connected home technology, first-to-market smart lock, Kevo and a wide variety of styles and finishes. Our interior and exterior door products provide customers with the quality, technology, durability and style they want while guaranteeing the highest level of security. Headquartered in Orange County, Calif., Kwikset is part of the Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB). Kwikset products are sold online and through retailers and distributors throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Australia. Visit us at http://kwikset.com and http://kwiksetpresskit.com.