ORLANDO, Fla. (January 10, 2017)
– Today, the #1 selling U.S. lock manufacturer, Kwikset®, introduces its latest smart lock, Obsidian™, to the building community at the 2017 NAHB International Builders Show® (IBS). Obsidian is an extremely slim, modern, key-free smart lock designed for homeowners who love modern design and are interested in connecting their locks to their smart home automation or security systems. Obsidian is the lowest profile smart lock in the industry, with a dark, sleek touchscreen that pushes the boundaries of design in the touchpad and touchscreen lock category. Obsidian will be available for purchase in Spring 2017.
With the introduction of Obsidian, Kwikset is the first manufacturer to offer a sleek, modern smart lock that completely eliminates the need for traditional keys. Obsidian will be available with standalone and connected options, allowing users to lock and unlock their front doors via the touchscreen exterior or their smartphones. Obsidian with Z-Wave will be one of the first smart locks to feature the new Z-Wave 500 chipset, enabling an increased wireless range, superior network security and enhanced encryption.
“We’ve created a truly breakthrough product that brings security, style
and convenience to the building community in the form of a single smart lock,” says Jason Tu, Kwikset Product Manager, Spectrum Brands, Inc. – Hardware and Home Improvement Division. “Obsidian is the slimmest key-free smart lock available and was designed to fill a gap in the market, giving architects, builders
and designers a smart lock that is meant for modern builds and homes.”
- Flexible Platform: Obsidian seamlessly integrates with a variety of home automation systems through Z-Wave wireless protocols, giving builders and homeowners the flexibility to choose a system that works for their new builds, clients and homes.
- Low-Profile Design: Obsidian is the only key-free, low profile smart lock in the industry. Projecting less than an inch off the door, Obsidian is an aesthetically pleasing smart lock option that delivers convenience and security.
- Convenient Touchscreen: Obsidian features a convenient responsive exterior touchscreen that quickly illuminates upon touch for faster code entry. The illuminated screen reveals a crisp white LED display designed for both day and night lighting.
- Patented Security: Obsidian’s touchscreen exterior features SecureScreen™ technology, helping prevent against unwanted entry using patented security features. With SecureScreen, users are prompted to touch two random numbers before entering their access code as to encourage fingerprints across the screen.
- Standalone Home Access: Obsidian will also be available as a standalone smart lock, giving builders and homeowners a convenient key-free smart lock without Z-Wave integration.
Obsidian will be available for purchase in Spring 2017 for the suggested retail prices of $179 (standalone) or $229 (Z-Wave enabled). Read the Obsidian fact sheet
for additional information or to access images and request product for review, please visit http://kwiksetpresskit.com
Kwikset is the leading residential lock manufacturer, making homeowners feel safe since 1946. Kwikset works hard to understand the world you live in,
so that we can do everything we can to protect it. The company’s unwavering commitment to meeting homeowners’ needs has inspired its innovative lock portfolio that includes patented SmartKey deadbolts, keyless entry combination locks, connected home technology, first-to-market smart lock, Kevo
and a wide variety of styles and finishes. Our interior and exterior door products provide customers with the quality, technology, durability and style they want while guaranteeing the highest level of security. Headquartered in Orange County, Calif., Kwikset is part of the Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB). Kwikset products are sold online and through retailers and distributors throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Australia. Visit us at http://kwikset.com