The company’s first Apple HomeKit-compatible smart deadbolt features added security benefits unique to Kwikset smart locks
EMBARGOED UNTIL JANUARY 5, 2017
LAS VEGAS (January 5, 2017)
– Kwikset®, America’s number one selling lock brand, announced today that the company’s first Apple® HomeKit™-compatible smart lock, Premis™, is available for purchase. Premis
expands Kwikset’s diverse portfolio of smart locks, reinforcing its promise to deliver innovative smart lock solutions that uniquely respond to homeowners’ unmet needs.
is a touchscreen deadbolt that works with Apple HomeKit to provide homeowners an easy, secure way to control their home security from an iPhone®, iPad® or iPod Touch®. With Premis
, homeowners can unlock and lock the door using Siri®, while also taking advantage of best-in-class, patented security features unique to Kwikset smart locks, including SecureScreen™ and the latest version of Kwikset SmartKey® security.
is an easy-to-use smart lock solution for homeowners looking for a simple route to a smarter home using Apple HomeKit,” said Ashton Good, Kwikset Senior Product Manager, Spectrum Brands Inc. – Hardware and Home Improvement Division. “Premis
integrates seamlessly into the HomeKit platform, providing users with the best technology Kwikset has to offer.”
Additional features include:
- Siri Voice Control: Use Siri to lock or unlock Premis, with an option to also control the smart lock using the Kwikset Premis app and Apple Home app
- Remote Access: Remotely lock, unlock or check the status of Premis from anywhere in the world on an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch when the smart lock is connected to an Apple TV® (3rd generation or later is required)
- Works With Other Smart Products: Pair Premis with other HomeKit compatible accessories to create integrated scenes, such as turning on lights or heating the home by merely unlocking the front door
- Advanced Security Features: HomeKit technology provides advanced security with end-to-end encryption and authentication between a HomeKit-enabled accessory and the synced iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- DIY Installation and Easy Home Control: Premis installs in minutes and is easily programmed with up to 30 user codes that can be shared with guests. Homeowners can track lock status, receive lock notifications and more through the Kwikset Premis app.
is a transitional-style smart lock available in Satin Nickel and Venetian Bronze finishes for $229 MSRP. A contemporary styled deadbolt will be available in 2017. For a list of retailers, please visit Kwikset.com/Premis. For additional information about Premis
, including the product fact sheet, images
and product request form, please visit http://kwiksetpresskit.com
Kwikset is the leading residential lock manufacturer, making homeowners feel safe since 1946. Kwikset works hard to understand the world you live in,
so that we can do everything we can to protect it. The company’s unwavering commitment to meeting homeowners’ needs has inspired its innovative lock portfolio that includes patented SmartKey deadbolts, keyless entry combination locks, connected home technology, first-to-market smart lock, Kevo
and a wide variety of styles and finishes. Our interior and exterior door products provide customers with the quality, technology, durability and style they want while guaranteeing the highest level of security. Headquartered in Orange County, Calif., Kwikset is part of the Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB). Kwikset products are sold online and through retailers and distributors throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Australia. Visit us at http://kwikset.com