Kevo Convert enables smart lock features to your existing deadbolt
LAS VEGAS (January 19, 2016):
– Kwikset is showcasing Kevo™ Convert, a smart lock conversion kit, in its booth at the 2016 International Builders’ Show. Developed by Kwikset®, manufacturer of smart lock products that are made for the world you live in, Kevo Convert is a smart lock conversion kit that makes your current deadbolt smarter at an affordable price. With the introduction of Kevo Convert, Kwikset is the first manufacturer to offer full smart lock solutions and a smart lock conversion kit to homeowners.
“Kevo Convert is the perfect solution for style-driven homeowners who want a smarter lock while maintaining the look of their front door, and for renters who want a smart lock but are unable to replace their existing deadbolt,” says Keith Brandon, Vice President of Residential Access Solutions, Kwikset. “Kevo Convert is a simple way to make your existing lock smarter.”
Homeowners can quickly and easily replace the interior side of their existing deadbolt with Kevo Convert. After installing, users can control their door lock through the proven, simple to use Kevo smartphone app. Top Kevo features enabled through Kevo Convert include InHome Locking and Unlocking, electronic key (eKey) management, the ability to upgrade to remote access through Kevo Plus, smart home product compatibility and lock status monitoring.
Kevo Convert features a transitional style interior that complements the décor of most homes. The smart lock conversion kit is easy to install and is compatible with most residential deadbolts.
Kevo Convert Features
InHome Locking and Unlocking
Lock and unlock Kevo Convert with your smart device or wearable if you are within Bluetooth range of the lock.
Easy Home Management through eKeys:
Easily manage home access for family, friends and guests using the eKeys in the Kevo app developed by UniKey Technologies.
- Anytime eKey holders have unlimited locking and unlocking capabilities
- Unlimited Guest eKeys allow Kevo users to send free, unrestricted access with a guest for a 24 hour period
- Scheduled eKeys allow Kevo users to set repeating date and time constraints for the eKey prior to sharing with the guest, perfect for babysitters or dog walkers
Upgrade to Kevo Plus to establish direct, online connectivity to Kevo Convert, giving you the ability to lock and unlock the smart lock conversion kit from your smart device from anywhere in the world if connected to the Internet.
Kevo Convert is engineered to integrate with a wide range of smart home products to ensure homeowners can easily configure a smarter home.
Active Lock Status:
- Nest Learning Thermostat: Trigger home temperature adjustments and energy savings with Nest Learning Thermostat by locking or unlocking Kevo Convert
- Ring Video Doorbell: Sync Ring and Kevo Convert to secure and control your entire entryway
- Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Wi-Fi Thermostats: Seamlessly connect Kevo Convert to compatible Honeywell thermostats to enable greater energy saving potential with each lock or unlock of Kevo Convert
- Android Wear: Lock or unlock Kevo Convert directly from an untethered Android Wear device, like Moto360 smart watch, for on-the-go convenience
Kevo Convert users can check the status of their lock in the Kevo mobile app or on MyKevo.com.
Kevo Convert will be available in 2016 at select retailers. For additional information about Kevo Convert, or to access images and request product for review, please visit http://kwiksetpresskit.com
Kwikset is the leading residential lock manufacturer, making homeowners feel safe since 1946. Kwikset works hard to understand the world you live in, so that we can do everything we can to protect it. The company’s unwavering commitment to meeting homeowners’ needs has inspired its innovative lock portfolio that includes patented SmartKey deadbolts, keyless entry combination locks, connected home technology, first-to-market smart lock, Kevo and a wide variety of styles and finishes. Our interior and exterior door products provide customers with the quality, technology, durability and style they want while guaranteeing the highest level of security. Headquartered in Orange County, Calif., Kwikset is part of the Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB). Kwikset products are sold online and through retailers and distributors throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Australia. Visit us at http://www.kwikset.com and http://kwiksetpresskit.com.