Developed in direct response to homeowner feedback, Kevo 2nd Gen will be available in 2016
LAS VEGAS (January 19, 2016):
– Kwikset®, manufacturer of smart lock products that are made for the world you live in, introduces Kevo™ 2nd Gen to architects, builders and designers today at the 2016 NAHB International Builders’ Show. The smart lock provides the same trusted touch-to-open smart lock experience available in Kevo 1st Gen teamed with a refined user experience, sleeker design and added security.
“Kwikset created a market for DIY smart locks in October 2013 with the launch of Kevo, the industry’s first Bluetooth-enabled smart lock,” says Keith Brandon, Vice President of Residential Access Solutions, Kwikset. “When we began development of Kevo 2nd Gen, we invested in understanding homeowners’ everyday experience with Kevo and put that feedback at the center of the Kevo 2nd Gen development strategy.”
Kevo 2nd Gen represents the best smart lock option on the market today for homeowners and boasts a flexible platform in terms of compatibility with other smart home products to ensure homeowners can easily upgrade to a smarter home.
“Kevo 2nd Gen is the most refined smart lock available today, with features that outmatch those available in other smart locks,” says Michael Magnani, Senior Product Manager. “Kevo 2nd Gen gives homeowners the smart lock experience they have been waiting for, with extremely consumer friendly technology.”
What’s New for Kevo 2nd Gen?
Refined User Experience:
Homeowners can begin using Kevo 2nd Gen within minutes of unboxing the smart lock. The lock offers homeowners the industry’s first in-app and interactive installation experience and eliminates user-initiated calibration.
Kevo 2nd Gen boasts a sleek, all-metal interior with a dramatically reduced interior size, making the smart lock more durable and stylish than its first generation predecessor.
Advanced SmartKey® Security:
Kevo 2nd Gen features the latest version of the Kwikset patented SmartKey security. The advanced SmartKey security provides strong resistance against forced entry techniques, passes the most stringent lock-picking standards (UL 437, par 11.6. & 11.7), and utilizes BumpGuard™ to prevent lock bumping. SmartKey also allows homeowners to reset their security by re-keying their locks quickly and easily; rendering lost, loaned or unreturned keys useless. Kevo 2nd Gen will be the first Kwikset smart lock available for purchase with the latest SmartKey security.
Easy Home Management through eKeys:
Easily manage home access for family, friends and guests using the eKeys in the Kevo app developed by UniKey Technologies.
- Anytime eKey holders have unlimited locking and unlocking capabilities
- Unlimited Guest eKeys allow Kevo users to send free, unrestricted access with a guest for a 24 hour period
- Scheduled eKeys allow Kevo users to set repeating date and time constraints for the eKey prior to sharing with the guest, perfect for babysitters or dog walkers
Kevo 2ndGen is engineered to integrate with a wide range of smart home products to ensure homeowners can easily configure a smarter home.
- Nest Learning Thermostat: Trigger home temperature adjustments and energy savings with Nest Learning Thermostat by locking or unlocking Kevo
- Ring Video Doorbell: Sync the two industry-leading devices, Ring and Kevo, to secure and control your entire entryway
- Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Wi-Fi Thermostats: Seamlessly connect Kevo to compatible Honeywell thermostats to enable greater energy saving potential with each lock or unlock of Kevo
- Android Wear: Lock or unlock Kevo directly from an untethered Android Wear device, like Moto360 smart watch, for on-the-go convenience
Kevo 2nd Gen also supports remote access capabilities with the Kevo Plus™ upgrade. Kevo Plus establishes direct, online connectivity to Kevo 2nd Gen, allowing users to lock and unlock Kevo 2nd Gen from their smart device from anywhere in the world if connected to the Internet.
Kevo 2nd Gen will be available in 2016 at select retailers. For additional information about Kevo 2nd, or to access images and request product for review, please visit http://kwiksetpresskit.com
Kwikset is the leading residential lock manufacturer, making homeowners feel safe since 1946. Kwikset works hard to understand the world you live in,
so that we can do everything we can to protect it. The company’s unwavering commitment to meeting homeowners’ needs has inspired its innovative lock portfolio that includes patented SmartKey deadbolts, keyless entry combination locks, connected home technology, first-to-market smart lock, Kevo
and a wide variety of styles and finishes. Our interior and exterior door products provide customers with the quality, technology, durability and style they want while guaranteeing the highest level of security. Headquartered in Orange County, Calif., Kwikset is part of the Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB). Kwikset products are sold online and through retailers and distributors throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Australia. Visit us at http://www.kwikset.com