Milestones SMARTKEY: SUSTAINABILITY
- SmartKey re-keying technology enhances safety and security, contains nearly 30% recycled metal content.
- The ease of SmartKey system allows individuals to re-key a lock without buying a new lock assembly and eliminates the waste associated with re-keying conventional pin & tumbler locks.
SmartKey re-keying technology also helps reduce the carbon footprint, eliminating the need for locksmiths to travel to and from a building.
- HHI is committed to achieving ISO-14001 Certification of our manufacturing plants, and currently several of our facilities have already achieved certification.
- Green Building Credits That SmartKey May Qualify For:
LEED-NC: Materials & Resources Credit For Recycled Content; Innovation & Design Credit
LEED Canada-NC: Materials & Resources Credit For Recycled Content
LEED-H: Innovation & Design Credit
NAHB: 604.1 (2.4.1) Recycled Content; 610.1 (7.1.1) ISO 14001 Certified Plan
KWIKSET HELPS CONTRIBUTE TO THE FOLLOWING OVERALL EFFORTS AT SBDHHI
- In 2010, we reduced water consumption by 7M gallons and have achieved 3% YOY water reduction since 2008
- Since 2009, we reduced our electricity consumption by more than one million kilowatt hours, resulting in the elimination of more than 400 metric tons of green house gases.